Dear Colleagues,

As part of the Qatar Project we are looking into the construction of primarily Arabic names for authority files using ISAAR (CPF) and the NCA rules as our basis.

Have any archive services attempted to integrate Arabic names into their name authorities and if so do you have any advice or guidance you could share with us as to how you went about it.

All advice or suggestions would be gratefully received.

I am happy to receive replies on or off list and also to summarise responses if this would be helpful.

Many thanks

Karen Stapley

Project Officer

Qatar Project