From: ACB Point-of-Care Testing [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Heaney Katy (BARNET AND CHASE FARM HOSPITALS NHS TRUST)
Sent: 04 March 2013 09:43
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: POCT results to EPR

Dear collective,

For those of you with results coming to your electronic patient record...

I have always considered it essential to have results displayed in a way that shows they are POCT results, and not directly alongside laboratory results.. for example not displayed as:

All results
Sodium
Sodium (POCT)
Potassium
Potassium (POCT)

But displayed as:

Laboratory results
Sodium
Potassium
POCT results
Sodium (BGA)
Potassium (BGA)

On discussion with one of the IT companies involved - they were keenist on the top display and failed to see the reason why to separate out.

Just out of curiousity how have people displayed results from POCT devices on the EPR?
What headers or test names did you use to differentiate?
Did you or how did you record the operator ID on the EPR?
thanks
Katy

Mrs Katy Heaney MSc DipRCPath
POCT Manager, Principal Biochemist
Chemical Pathology
Barnet and Chase Farm Hospitals NHS Trust
Tel: 0208 216 4049

Thank you for your co-operation.

Virus Scanned and Verified by St Helens and Knowsley Health Informatics

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail may contain confidential and/or proprietary information some or all
of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If any addressing or
transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-
mail and destroy any copies. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose,
distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.

The information contained in this email may be subject to public disclosure under the
Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure,
the confidentiality of this email AND YOUR REPLY cannot be guaranteed.