We differentiate our POCT results from our lab results. CPA Standards for Point of Care Testing Facilities states:

G2.6 (POCT) Results of POCT shall be recorded in the patient’s medical record and be distinguishable from results provided by the laboratory.

In order to audit this it is easier to have them identified as separate test codes.

Some POCT systems may also give different reference ranges so these need to be clearly distinguishable to prevent any errors in interpretation.

Helen Peat
Point of Care Co-ordinator. Acting Laboratory Manager, Biochemistry Dept

Internal:

 15978

Email:

Web:

 http://www.uhb.nhs.uk

We’re bringing the world's most advanced cancer treatments to Birmingham.
Find out more at www.qecancerappeal.org or text
QEHB01 £5 to 70070 to donate £5 to our appeal.

Clinical Biochemistry
Pathology - University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham, Mindelsohn Way, Edgbaston
Birmingham, B15 2WB