Dear All,

Apologies for cross posting.

If you know anyone who might be interested in the following role please ask them to go to the link below:

-------------------------

The learning and teaching and media services provided by the Learning & Teaching Applications (LTA) Group are critical to the student/staff experience at UCL and play a key role in enabling academics and students throughout UCL to effectively manage and integrate online resources into their teaching and learning, particularly through our Moodle virtual learning environment and our Echo360 lecture recording and publishing system.

We are seeking an experienced and dynamic person to join our Learning & Teaching Applications Group to support, drive and develop our portfolio of media applications, which currently include:  Echo360 (lecture theatre recording and publishing system), Wowza (both video-on-demand and live streaming), MediaFiler (image database) and iTunes U.

The role holder will work closely with colleagues from across the Information Services Division (ISD), particularly:

- the front-line user support teams: the role holder will deal with 3rd line support and troubleshooting queries passed on from the front- line user support teams, identifying and prioritising requirements and translating business requirements into technical specifications

- the back-end Systems Administrators and Database Administrators: the role holder will work on the installation and configuration of the applications, applying upgrades and security patches as required and working to optimise the functionality and performance of the applications, supporting both mobile and traditional platforms.

The main part of this role will be to work as the Technical Administrator for the applications listed above, working on the installation, configuration, maintenance, testing and operation of these services, including 3rd line support and troubleshooting and performance monitoring.

Note that this role is for the installation and configuration of these applications on the central servers, NOT the video/image content creation.

Please ensure that you read this job advert and the 'Specific Key Requirements' document carefully for the specific details of this role.

Salary (inclusive of London allowance): £32,375 - £39,132 per annum

For further details about the vacancy and for your candidates to apply online please go to http://www.ucl.ac.uk/hr/jobs/ and search on Reference Number 1314421

Closing Date:  10/03/2013

Interview Date: 20/03/2013

Please note that candidates will only be selected for interview on the basis of clearly demonstrating competence in each of the 'Essential' areas listed in the 'Specific Key Requirements' document (linked to from the bottom of the job advert).

Direct link to job advert:

https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTMxNDQyMSZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT05NjUmb3duZXI9NTA0MTE3OCZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZicmFuZF9pZD0wJmpvYl9yZWZfY29kZT0xMzE0NDIxJnBvc3RpbmdfY29kZT0yMjQmcmVxc2lnPTEzNjE1MjgwOTAtYThlMGMwNTg4N2M3NWYwZDZjZTVkNWNlMzdmYjgyZmYwMzgwYWExYg==

Any further queries, please let me know.

Many Thanks,

Narain

Narain Ramluchumun

Team Leader  (Media Applications)

Information Services Division (ISD)

UCL, Gower Street, London, WC1 6BT

E  :   [log in to unmask]

W:   http://www.ucl.ac.uk/isd

T  :   0203 549 5163 (ext 65163)

(team email address: [log in to unmask])