Hi Mark,
    I thought the CRLs were normally in /etc/grid-security/certificates?
Do you have a fetch-crl cron job set up - it sounds as if not? Mine run
every 6 hours (on UI, WNs, SE, etc, etc) and the cron job came with the
fetch-crl RPM. The recent files on my systems are generally .r0 files,
which (I think) are revokation files.
Cheers,
John