Dear George and all,

Thanks for the explanation about converting  Depthmap files to ArcGIS. But,
I have encountered a problem while testing this method!

When I joined the text file to the axial map in ArcMap I noticed that the
number of lines in the text file are less than the number of lines in the
axial map. I tried to join them based on the matching records and when I
checked the attribute table I noticed that the syntactical values assigned
to the lines in ArcMap are not consistent with the values in Depthmap which
means the REF number and FID number do not match! In fact, the main problem
must be the reduction of the number of lines (REF or FID) when exporting
the shapefile as a dxf file!

Does anyone have an idea of why this happens? Thanks.

Best,
Samira

Samira Ramezani
Ph.D. Candidate in Urban and Regional Planning
Dept. of Planning, Design and Technology
DATA - Sapienza Università di Roma
via Flaminia 72 - 00196 Roma

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 11:16 PM, George Hallowell <[log in to unmask]