Dear all,

Please could you circulate this job advertisement for a postdoc advisor at the Postdoc Development Centre, Imperial College?

Many thanks,

Katie

Consultant

Postdoc Development Centre

Level 5, Sherfield Building

Imperial College London

London, SW7 2AZ

IMPERIAL COLLEGE LONDON

Human Resources Division

Adviser, Postdoc Development Centre

Fixed Term - 1 year

Salary – circa £33,000 dependent on experience

The Postdoc Development Centre (PDC) at Imperial College works to deliver exceptional development activities for our vitally important postdoctoral research staff, helping them to take the next step in their careers and ensuring that they have the necessary skills and abilities to contribute effectively to the College’s research agenda.

We provide a wide range of development opportunities from workshops and training courses to mock interviews and individual coaching sessions.

The post holder will support the Head and PDC consultants to organise and deliver skills and career development for postdocs across the College. He or she will have specific responsibility for the organisation and delivery of individual coaching sessions, mock interviews and a number of professional skills training courses.

The ideal candidate must possess experience of the higher education sector, preferably with some understanding of the issues faced by postdoctoral researchers working in STEM disciplines, experience of working with people to address personal and professional issues, evidence of designing and delivering effective presentations, and the ability to work as part of a busy, close knit team.

Further information and an application form can be obtained from the website: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/employment

Alternatively, if you are unable to apply online, please contact Alicia Nagar, Promotions and Senior Appointments Administrator, on 020 7594 5511 or email [log in to unmask] to request an application form.

Closing Date: 3rd April 2013 (midnight)

Interview dates: 10th & 11th April 2013

Committed to equality and valuing diversity.  We are an Athena Silver SWAN Award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and a Stonewall Top 100 Employer 2010.