Hi everybody!

This is me again with a question:

Dr. Pawson and many other authors state that "complex social interventions are programmes which offer the target audience some sort of resource, and that they require a reasoned response on behalf of the participants to that resource."

My concrete question is, if this REASONED response refers also (and always) to the beneficiaries of a given programme or project: I am thinking of communities who are benefited by social development programmes, and which are seldom taken into account, both, before and after the intervention takes place. Moreover, many of these social groups lack the literacy and possibility of argument to contribute a reasoned response. It is evident that these communities could be capable of responding consciously to the programme, if they would have the elements to do so...

I can certainly understand there is a response, but the question is, if it is reasoned (conscious), and to what extent? If the response is not conscious, can it be understood and studied by means of ethnographic research?

Best wishes to you all!

Gerda

Mtra. Gerda Warnholtz
Evalaución de Programas de Desarrollo Social y Políticas Públicas
Turismo Sostenible y Protección y Rescate del Patrimonio Cultural