Hello

The London Metropolitan Archives has developed a programme of schools workshops based on science for Key Stage 2 classes. We are holding a one day event to showcase what we are doing, tell everyone about the results and to create a

The science workshops use the archive collections to deliver programmes based on:

•        the science of materials and forces – designs for Tower Bridge

•        the science of temperatures, freezing and crystallisation – ice cream and the Lyons collection

•        science in the workplace – our very own team of scientists who repair, treat and conserve our documents.

The CPD event will run through this programme of work. The day, on Thursday 21 March, will consist of

•        an introduction to archives and how they support teaching science programmes

•        what science is found in the archives

•        a run through the workshops focusing on the activities.

The event is free, but bring your own picnic as lunch is not provided. Places are limited, so please book in advance.

For more details, or questions, please drop me a line,

Many thanks,

Howard

Howard Benge

Development Officer

London Metropolitan Archives
Culture, Heritage and Libraries Department
City of London

Tel: 020 7332 3851

www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/lma
Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
Join us on Flickr

THIS E-MAIL AND ANY ATTACHED FILES ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY BE LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail. Opinions, advice or facts included in this message are given without any warranties or intention to enter into a contractual relationship with the City of London unless specifically indicated otherwise by agreement, letter or facsimile signed by a City of London authorised signatory. Any part of this e-mail which is purely personal in nature is not authorised by the City of London. All e-mail through the City of London's gateway is potentially the subject of monitoring. All liability for errors and viruses is excluded. Please note that in so far as the City of London falls within the scope of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004, it may need to disclose this e-mail. Website: http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk ********************************************************************** [Note from the moderator - I'm trying to simplify this information and correct some bits, please bear with me - Jo]