Hi

Last time I was involved with this it was up to each practitioner if they wanted to use gloves or not but gel was used between clients and hand washing if hands became visibly soiled. We did however have notices up about the role of gloves to help clarify for clients and if any insisted despite this I just put them on to expedite process.

Regards,  Carr