Thank you Damien

-----Original Message-----
From:         Damien Eaves <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:       [log in to unmask]
Date:         Fri, 1 Feb 2013 19:14:39
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] audio - quiet room

Hi Tracy, a sound level meter (SLM) is the most accurate way to
determine noise levels, a noise booth is sealed and rated for the amount
of noise attenuation.  If you have an room where you cannot ensure
background noise levels are sufficiently low all the time, taking a
quick noise level reading using an SLM before, during and after the test
supports the results.

I don't know, but I'm sure there is a British Standard that has a
recommended maximum background level to be able to carry out the test.
In order to measure this accurately I would suggest a sound level
meter......rather than an phone ;)...................

*Damien Eaves BSc(Hons), Dip.Occ.Hyg., CMFOH, AMIOA, MWMSoc*

Chartered Occupational Hygienist

07932 317867
01246 555856

Validate Consulting LtdOSHCR Registered Consultant

www.validateconsulting.com <http://www.validateconsulting.com>

This message is intended for the recipient to whom it is addressed, the
message and any of its attachments are confidential and may be
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete this message
and any attachment. If you are not the intended recipient you must not
copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other
person. Validate Consulting Ltd has taken every reasonable precaution to
ensure that this email and any attachments have been swept for viruses.
Validate Consulting Ltd does not accept any liability for damage
sustained as a result of software viruses. Validate Consulting Ltd
advises that any email messages and attachments are swept for viruses
before opening.

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES: