** The Music and Science list is managed by the Institute of Musical Research (www.music.sas.ac.uk) as a bulletin board and discussion forum for researchers working at the shared boundaries of science and music. ** MESSAGE FOLLOWS:

Dear all,

I am conducting an on-line study to explore the nature of listeners’ experience of sadness evoked by music.

The study:
Th
ere is broad disagreement among listeners about the capacity of sad music to evoke pleasure and it is still not clear whether or not the enjoyment of sad music depends by personal and/or contextual factors. The goal of this study is to shed light on the so-called “paradox of pleasant sadness” by looking at possible positive effects of sadness evoked by music and at their relationship with individual differences and contextual factors.

The survey is in English and should only take about 15 minutes.

The following link will take you to the questionnaire:

http://www.unipark.de/uc/Cluster_Languages_of_Emotion/3ba6/

Please don't hesitate to contact me at [log in to unmask] with any queries.

Thank you very much for your time.

Liila Taruffi