Hi, this last message prompts me to come up with a local Belgian question.

In Belgium, women have the choice between staying on in the hospital after
birth for 3 days or going back home and having midwives come for home
visits.  We have an on-going research project linked to the fact that we
know that some women go back home fast, but elect not to have the home
visits.  Does this happen in the UK?  And do you have an idea of the order
of magnitude of the problem?  Does anybody know if care in a community
clinic might be more acceptable than a home visit for some disadvantaged
women?

Sophie Alexander MD, PhD

PERU (Perinatal Epidemiology and Reproductive health Unit)

Ecole de Santé Publique

Universite Libre de Bruxelles

808 route de Lennik

1070 Brussels