From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Andy Swiffin
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [windows-hied]: Certificate Authority in an AD tree

Hi,

This: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/cc772393%28v=ws.10%29.aspx and other guides we read seemed to be wanting us to do a lot of things we didn't see the need for.  In fact just simply installing the CS role on DC is all we needed.

We didn't want to use a 3rd party cert as described in 321051 because they're generally short lived and would have been more difficult to issue with a SAN for a "domain" (our AD domain) we don't "own".    But yes, 321051 looks straightforward and we corresponded with someone locally about the idea,  their advantage is that they'd called their AD domain the same as their owned internet domain.

Cheers
Andy