I have been asked to lead a discussion among faculty from a very broad range of disciplines in the arts and humanities about Kuhn's Structure of Scientific Revolutions. I know that there were a series of 50th Anniversary events last year, and I wonder if the participants in those events, or the audience members/readers who attended, might recommend a recent work of reflection/commentary that is both compelling with respect to the legacy of Kuhn's book and accessible to this broad academic audience. The idea is to give the seminar participants a very recent article/essay/lecture that frames Kuhn's book in the most interesting and stimulating way possible. I know that many of you were the authors of these commentaries, so please do not hesitate to nominate your own piece, especially if it is not published and you are willing to share it for this occasion.

I am happy to receive the responses privately and then to collate them into a single post that I share with the whole list, but I also know that I am not alone in liking the stream of email that a request like this often generates. Let me know your preferences, and thanks.

J.B. Shank
History
University of Minnesota