medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture Alain Boureau's Satan the Heretic, trans. Teresa Fagan (Chicago, 2006) has an entire chapter on the idea of the demonic pact in the High Middle Ages.
Also, the legend of Gerbert of Aurillac's demonic alliances is relevant here, probably as much as Theophilus.

Andrew E. Larsen