Dear Rabia,

I realize that your query is about textual rather than visual
interpretations, but-- looking closely at the Albertina drawing, I see a
slight gap between the lips of Jesus and Judas. This image would then
fit into your category of "close, looking at one another, as if about to
kiss on the mouth, or just having pulled apart". This is the same way
that the scene is depicted on some fourteenth-century ivories. See one
example in my archive, from the first half of the fourteenth century:
http://www.kornbluthphoto.com/PassionChrist.html row 3 image 4. The
major difference between this and the Dürer image is not the distance
between the figures, but rather the angle from which we see them. For
more examples, see http://www.gothicivories.courtauld.ac.uk/ where you
can do a quick search for 'Judas kiss' and get 425 photos.

best,
Genevra