From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Alex Smith
Sent: 15 February 2013 11:03
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: large flatbed scanner - advice

Hi there,

I'm looking into getting a new scanner for our service. It is for scanning both images and documents to create archival quality digital surrogates. We are looking for something bigger than A3 as many of our collection items are bigger than this.

I know that most people are turning to DSLRs with copy stand instead of flatbed, but I’ve been asked to look into a flatbed solution. I wondered if anyone has any advice on a good large scale flatbed scanner?

Cheers,

Alex

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) In case of problems, please call your organisation’s IT Helpdesk.

This email and its contents are the property of the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please delete it.
All DCMS e-mail is recorded and stored for a minimum of 6 months

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg