Dear all,

Gustav Holzegel (Imperial) -- Wednesday 27th February -- Maths Room 103 -- 4.30pm

The relativity and cosmology seminar series continues this Wednesday 27th February
.

This week the seminar will be given b
y Gustav Holzegel (Imperial)
on the topic of "Stability and Instability for Asymptotically Anti de Sitter black holes" The abstract is below.

The seminar will be in the usual place, Maths Room 103 on the Mile End Campus, at the usual time of 4.30pm. For more information please see our wiki at http://cosrel.maths.qmul.ac.uk .

Hope to see you there.

David

Dr David Mulryne
Postdoctoral Researcher in Cosmology
Queen Mary, University of London
www.davidmulryne.net
+44(0)20 7882 7046

Gustav Holzegel (Imperial)

Stability and Instability for Asymptotically Anti de Sitter black holes

I will discuss recent work in collaboration with Jacques Smulevici (Paris) regarding the evolution of solutions to the massive wave equation on Kerr-AdS black holes. In particular, we prove a logarithmic decay in time for general solutions and also that this rate is in fact optimal. Time permitting, I will also talk about the coupled spherically symmetric Einstein-Klein-Gordon system in the asymptotically AdS context.