**Apologies for cross-posting**

UPDATE:
Keynote Speaker Speakers confirmed!
Thursday 27th June: Professor Charles Oppenheim
Friday 28th June: Graham Cornish (www.copyrightcircle.co.uk)

CALL FOR SPEAKERS

Dear all,

The Forum for Interlending and Information Delivery's annual conference Interlend invites applications from the inter-lending community to speak and/or run breakout sessions and workshop sessions.  Interlend 2013 is being held The Maldron Hotel, Cardiff on the 27th – 28th June 2013.

Background
As the premier UK inter-lending community conference, Interlend annually attracts around 60-80 interlending staff from all levels of seniority, although it should be noted that a large proportion of our delegates are inter-lending practitioners library assistants rather than professional grades.  They come from all walks of library sphere, primarily UK based and with perhaps more from HE/FE and Public Libraries than any other sectors.  Interlend is also renowned as offering our delegates practical tips and guidance, as well as broadening their understanding of the world of interlending; and as such we try and encourage all our speakers and breakout session facilitators to keep this in mind.

Theme
The theme and title of this year’s conference is "Interlend 101: Back to Basics”.
The theme came out of the feedback from Interlend 2012 and we are hoping to have a wide range of speakers covering the many aspects of interlending.

Breakout sessions are typically 45 minutes long and can be tailored to meet the speaker’s needs – either chalk and talk or workshop based.

Costs
Speakers accepted at FIL events will have conference attendance costs, accommodation where required and all reasonable travelling expenses covered by the organisation.

Next steps
Proposals should include:
•	An outline of no more than 300 words detailing the general content of the session, highlighting the particular applicability to the inter-lending and document supply community
•	A 50 word speaker biography
•	Full contact details

Proposals should be emailed to [log in to unmask] by March 15th 2013 after which point they will be reviewed by the Committee.  The Chair will be in touch with all applicants after this date to confirm or decline your proposal.  Submission of a proposal does not guarantee acceptance, and the Committee’s considered opinion on those to take up is final.  We regret that due to time restrictions no correspondence over the decision will be entered into.

If you’d like to informally discuss possible themes, topics or approaches for your sessions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with myself Helen Trollope [log in to unmask]  or Marie Lancaster [log in to unmask]

We look forward to discussing your ideas further.

With thanks.

www.forumforinterlending.org.uk