Hi Jill,

We have been using GoToMeeting for several years now. It is a similar product to WebEx for online meetings but we also successfully use it for online software training.

It’s great.

It takes a bit of getting used to not seeing people’s faces and body language but it sure beats travelling time and costs.

Alternatively, you can use it with a webcam but I prefer not to.

GoToMeeting is a Citrix product and they have free booklets about how to develop your online presentation and training skills.

Even if you don’t end up using this product these booklets are really worth having a look at to give you an idea of how things work in this different medium.

By the way there is another Citrix product called GoToTraining which we haven’t tried mainly because we are happy with the status quo.

We also use GoToAssist which is very useful for troubleshooting software problems – you can basically open a temporary session to take over their computer for the duration of that session.

Great if users need help with logging in, searching, technical problems etc.

With all their products you pay per licence on a monthly basis – which can be concurrent – and not by how much you use it.

All the best,

Penny Bailey BA, Dip. Lib, MCLIP, MIoD, FRSA

Managing Director

Bailey Solutions Ltd

Tel: +44 (0)1273 773788

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: www.baileysolutions.co.uk

Web: www.knowallenquire.com

Registered in England, Company no. 04445779. Registered Office: Curtis House, 34 Third Avenue, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 2PD. VAT Reg No 737 381 417