/Please excuse cross-posting/

Dear Colleagues,

A reminder that the invitation to submit chapter proposals for the
upcoming 'anarcho-narrative' book edited by Andrew Walsh and myself
remains open until 1 March. We've had some great proposals so far for
contributions in a wide variety of formats, and we are genuinely excited
about the creativity this call has unleashed in our community! So please
consider joining in - this discovery journey is already an eye-opening
one in its own right  : )

With every good wish,
Emma Coonan.

*"Only connect ..." discovery pathways, library explorations, and the
information adventure. *

*A collection of information discovery journeys.*

*Andrew Walsh & Emma Coonan*

/A call for chapter submissions for an anarcho-narrative book about
Information Discovery Journeys./

/Full details on http://innovativelibraries.org.uk/onlyconnect/
<http://innovativelibraries.org.uk/onlyconnect/> /

*Learning is about creating relationships between entities and
establishing a narrative that makes sense of the world*

*Research is about juxtaposing entities that were previously unrelated*

The book will consist of a series of narratives connected by the over
arching theme of information discovery journeys. The authors of the
individual chapters are free to decide the most appropriate structure to
tell these stories about information discovery, whether that is
traditional textual formats, more free form text (e.g. transcripts of
social media interactions; poetry; illustrative fictional prose),
through images, video, or whatever media seems appropriate to the author.

The text will be electronic by default, available freely under CC
license (see note
<http://innovativelibraries.org.uk/index.php/onlyconnect/#Note> below).
Print on demand versions will be made available if deemed appropriate
when editing the finished text.

Contributors will be selected by the editors after submitting a proposal
to the call for papers. Final submissions will be subject to the
lightest possible editing, in conjunction with the author, to insure the
integrity of the original submission is maintained.

Please send a title and short description (around 200 words) of the
chapter you propose to the editors at:
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Include the topics you would cover, the structure your chapter would
take and any special format or structure your contribution would
require. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.

*Timescales:*

Call for Papers ends 1st March

First Drafts due 1st June

Book published Autumn 2013

*Bypassing established publisher routes means that our 'unbook' can be:*

·Creative Commons licensed, giving contributors recognition and making
the material immediately free and sharable online

·Multimedia - contributors pick their preferred format: prose, video,
images, Storify'd tweets, graphs, data ... (print-on-demand an option
for textual parts, linking to additional non-textual material via an app
such as Aurasma. Details of this to be confirmed at a later date.)

·Free of the writing conventions imposed by traditional publishers -
contributors can retain their own voice, choose the length of their
contribution, use whatever format they prefer

*Note on licencing:*We will ask authors / contributors to sign a simple
agreement to allow us rights to publish their contribution and to permit
others to use the contents of the book under CC licence
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/>. Contributors will
retain copyright over their work.

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Walsh MSc MCLIP FHEA

/Academic Librarian, University Teaching Fellow, National Teaching Fellow/

/Music, Humanities, Media, Education and Professional Development./

/Information Literacy Practitioner of the Year, 2012/

---
This transmission is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you
receive it in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and remove
it from your system. If the content of this e-mail does not relate to
the business of the University of Huddersfield, then we do not endorse
it and will accept no liability.