Registration has now opened for our ISKO UK BIENNIAL CONFERENCE – 8/9 July 2013, London.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Book by April 30th for Early Bird rates

The theme is: *Knowledge Organization - Pushing the Boundaries*

Knowledge Organization (KO) is not just a fascinating research domain to attract our foremost thinkers; it also presents practical challenges to each of us as individuals, sorting out the files on our desktops physical and virtual, searching for inspiration via the Internet, or participating in the fora of social media. But there’s a paradox: while KO practices permeate society, the name “Knowledge Organization” is known only to a few. Invisible boundaries separate KO researchers from the practitioners who could benefit from their findings, and also come between distinct fields of application such as records management, web design, librarianship, information retrieval, etc.

This conference aims to explore such boundaries, challenge them and advance our thinking into new territory. It will be the third biennial conference of the UK Chapter of ISKO. Practitioners as well as theoreticians are invited to attend and participate, along with consultants, researchers, teachers and students. There will be a mix of short and longer presentations, as well as a display of posters. The papers submitted will be peer-reviewed and published electronically on this website, together with slides and audio recordings.

On our website at <http://www.iskouk.org/conf2013/index.htm> you can find more details, including a provisional programme. 33 Presentations are scheduled, including keynote addresses from leading lights Patrick Lambe and Martin White, and an invited paper from visualization visionary Manuel Lima Two of the sessions will be co-organized by our sister associations, UKeiG and LIRG respectively. We're expecting a good number of posters too, and will be encouraging the vendors of relevant software applications, products and services to support the conference by exhibiting their wares.

Registration fees for the two-day event are still the same as for our 2011 conference, just

£180 (full price)

£150 (ISKO members)

£150  (early-bird rate, until 30 April)

£130 (early-bird rate for ISKO members)

Members of UKeiG and/or LIRG will be entitled to the same rates as ISKO members.

The electronic proceedings of our first and second biennial conferences are available at http://www.iskouk.org/conf2009/proceedings.htm and http://www.iskouk.org/conf2011/programme.htm respectively. The 2013 event will be bigger and better, and we hope you will be able to come and enjoy it.

Conference hashtag #ISKOUK2013

ISKO is a not-for-profit scientific/professional association with the objective of promoting research and communication in the domain of knowledge organization, within the broad field of information science and related disciplines. Founded in 2007, our UK Chapter has been attracting lively and steadily growing audiences to its afternoon meeting series as well as its very successful previous conferences in 2009 and 2011.