If anyone in the ID or autism field is interested in these posts, please contact me. Equally, feel free to pass on to people in our field who may be interested.

Best wishes

Richard

COLLEGE OF HEALTH & BEHAVIOURAL SCIENCES

SCHOOL OF PSYCHOLOGY

Lecturers/Senior Lecturers (Teaching and Research - two posts)

Grade 7-8: £30,424 - £44,607 p.a. (Lecturer)

Grade 9: £45,941 - £53,233 p.a. (Senior Lecturer)

We invite applications for the above appointments in the School of
Psychology.

We are one of the UK’s oldest and most successful Psychology
departments with an established track record of excellence in research

and teaching. Founded in 1963 – and celebrating our 50th anniversary in
2013, the School was ranked 7th in the UK (100+ departments) in the

2008 Research Assessment Exercise, and in the top 5 nationally for
teaching quality in the 2012 National Student Survey.

We seek to appoint a candidates with significant early-career
potential, or established track record of research excellence, in any
area of Psychology. The School has particular strengths in human vision,
audition, memory and action; language, bilingualism, dyslexia and
cognitive development, social neuroscience, cognitive health and ageing,
child disability, health, psychological intervention and behaviour
change.

Our reputation is built on a state-of-the-art research environment.

In the cognitive and clinical neuroscience domain this includes access
to 3T MRI supporting fMRI and MRS, eye tracking, high density (128
channel) EEG and MRI guided TMS. Research in this area also benefits
from a Neuropsychology Patient Panel and close links with regional NHS
services for accessing neurological populations. The School has also
recently made a substantial investment in the establishment of a
Psychopharmacology research facility.

In the clinical and health psychology domains we conduct research
across the life-span aimed at promoting health and well-being,
preventing disability and disease, improving outcomes for people with a
range of physical and mental health conditions, intellectual
disabilities and neurological disorders (e.g., stroke, dementia, PD) and
their caregivers. Our research addresses important social issues
including obesity, diet and exercise, and the prevention of age-related
disability and dementia with the support of the Dementia Services
Development Centre Wales, and the NEURODEM research network. Many of our
intervention studies are supported by NWORTH, the Bangor trials unit.

The School also has world leading groups developing and delivering
psychological interventions within the areas of behaviour change,
mindfulness, early intervention, applied behaviour analysis and
dialectical behaviour therapy. In addition, the School has a highly
commended doctoral clinical psychology (DClinPsy) training programme.

We particularly encourage applications from Welsh speaking candidates
(though this is not a requirement).

The School of Psychology is committed to the delivery of high quality,
research-intensive, degree programmes.

The University is located in an area of outstanding natural beauty,
situated on the north Wales coast between the mountains of Snowdonia and
the sea, making it one of the most attractive university cities in the
UK.

Newly appointed staff will be expected to take up the posts by
September 1st, 2013. Salary will be on the appropriate grade dependenton
qualifications and experience.

Applications will only be accepted via our on-line recruitment website,
jobs.bangor.ac.uk. However, in cases of access issues due to disability,
paper application forms are available by telephoning 01248 383865.

Closing date for applications: Tuesday 5th March, 2013.

For further information about these positions please
[log in to unmask]">e-mail:[log in to unmask] and see the Psychology web site:
www.bangor.ac.uk/psychology

Committed to Equal Opportunities

--
Richard Hastings PhD CPsychol FBPsS FIASSIDD
Professor of Psychology

Twitter: @ProfRHastings
Blog: http://profhastings.blogspot.co.uk/

Research Director, North Wales Clinical Psychology Programme

School of Psychology
Bangor University
Bangor
Gwynedd
LL57 2AS
Wales, UK
Tel:   +44 (0)1248 388214
email: [log in to unmask]

--
Rhif Elusen Gofrestredig / Registered Charity No. 1141565

Gall y neges e-bost hon, ac unrhyw atodiadau a anfonwyd gyda hi, gynnwys deunydd cyfrinachol ac wedi eu bwriadu i'w defnyddio'n unig gan y sawl y cawsant eu cyfeirio ato (atynt). Os ydych wedi derbyn y neges e-bost hon trwy gamgymeriad, rhowch wybod i'r anfonwr ar unwaith a dilëwch y neges. Os na fwriadwyd anfon y neges atoch chi, rhaid i chi beidio â defnyddio, cadw neu ddatgelu unrhyw wybodaeth a gynhwysir ynddi. Mae unrhyw farn neu safbwynt yn eiddo i'r sawl a'i hanfonodd yn unig ac nid yw o anghenraid yn cynrychioli barn Prifysgol Bangor. Nid yw Prifysgol Bangor yn gwarantu bod y neges e-bost hon neu unrhyw atodiadau yn rhydd rhag firysau neu 100% yn ddiogel. Oni bai fod hyn wedi ei ddatgan yn uniongyrchol yn nhestun yr e-bost, nid bwriad y neges e-bost hon yw ffurfio contract rhwymol - mae rhestr o lofnodwyr awdurdodedig ar gael o Swyddfa Cyllid Prifysgol Bangor. www.bangor.ac.uk

This email and any attachments may contain confidential material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you must not use, retain or disclose any information contained in this email. Any views or opinions are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of Bangor University. Bangor University does not guarantee that this email or any attachments are free from viruses or 100% secure. Unless expressly stated in the body of the text of the email, this email is not intended to form a binding contract - a list of authorised signatories is available from the Bangor University Finance Office. www.bangor.ac.uk