Crispin

From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mackintosh, Jo
Sent: 06 February 2013 17:30
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: HER permissions

Dear all,

Appoligies for cross-posting, this also went out to ALGAO members this
morning.

We believe we will soon be told to request permission from landowners
prior to recording new sites in the HER.  Do other host authorities make
their HERs do this?  Does anyone know where it says in the 'rules' that
this is or isn't necessary?  I've looked through IFP and MIDAS etc but
can see no mention of this one way or the other (I see there's a field
in HBSMR for ownership details but we don't use HBSMR and don't have
this field.  Is completing this field mandatory in HBSMR?).

Also, does anyone have written delegated authority to maintain their
HER, ratified by their members/council?  It's one of the benchmarks, but
does anyone have the original agreement when their SMR/HER was first set
up, or a later revision?  I only have a very general understanding of
how SMRs were originally set up, and we have nothing now on file that
goes back that far.

All advice gratefully received, thank you.

Jo

Jo Mackintosh

Historic Environment Records Officer

Cumbria County Council

tel: 01539 713432

email: [log in to unmask]

This e-mail contains confidential information (which may also be legally
privileged) and is intended solely for the use of the intended named
recipient.

If you are not the intended recipient you may not disclose,
copy, distribute or retain any part of this message or its
attachments. If you have received this message in error please notify
the originator immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail
software.

Incoming and outgoing emails may be monitored in line with
current legislation.

All copies of the message received in error should be destroyed.
Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the original author.
This email message has been scanned for viruses, and declared to be
virus free at the point of exit from Cumbria County Council's network.

http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/_
This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud
service.