I thought the treatment of choice was now Needle aponeurotomy (NA).

See for instance http://www.dupuytren-online.info/needle_aponeurotomy.html

I'm not sure how difficult it is to find someone in the UK who will
do this, but I don't think I would want to resort to more invasive
surgery without having this done first.

It should be very economical - an OP procedure.