Max,

have a look at:

Stephan Becker, Christoph Hilgers, Peter A. Kukla, Janos UraiCrack-seal microstructure evolution in bi-mineralic quartz–chlorite veins in shales and siltstones from the RWTH-1 well, Aachen, Germany. Journal of Structural Geology 33 (4): 676-689 (2011)

you can download it here:
http://www.ged.rwth-aachen.de/files/publications/publication_1177.pdf

and

Steffen Abe, Janos Urai, Michael Kettermann Fracture Patterns in Non-Plane Strain Boudinage - Insights from 3D Discrete Element Models. Journal of Geophysical Research. (In press)

http://www.ged.rwth-aachen.de/files/publications/publication_1728.pdf

kind regards,

Janos