Hi All,

Many thanks to the 20 museums who have replied. Last hour to get back to me - the more responses, the more solid the stats.....Jan

From: Freedman, Jan (COMMUNITY SERVICES)
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:20 PM
To: 'The Natural Science Collections Association discussion list'; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Quick survey!

Hi All,

Apologies for cross posting.

I would like to do a really quick survey for an article in the Museums Journal. I would like to find out how many people have been in posts since 2003 -present for the following collection areas, so I can see if the number of posts has increased or decreased. (The number of occupied posts; please do not include frozen/unoccupied posts).

If you can reply to me off list - [log in to unmask] by Wednesday 13th Feb at 4pm.

2003 - number of occupied collections posts;
Archaeology (incl. social history, world cultures, etc) -
Art (incl. fine and decorative art) -
Natural History (incl. geology, botany and biology) -

2013 (today) - number of occupied collections posts;
Archaeology (incl. social history, world cultures, etc) -
Art (fine and decorative art) -
Natural History (geology, botany and biology) -

The survey is looking at the statistics, not the organisations. No individuals/Organisations/Museums will be mentioned.

Many thanks,

Jan

Jan Freedman

Curator of Natural History

Plymouth City Council (Arts & Heritage)

c/o Plymouth City Museum & Art Gallery

Drake Circus

Plymouth

PL4 8AJ

T: 01752 30 4774

E: [log in to unmask]

W: www.plymouthmuseum.gov.uk

Twitter: @PlymouthMuseum

IMPORTANT: This e-mail (including any attachments to it) is strictly confidential and intended solely for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential or sensitive information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy or distribute it to any other person or take any action in reliance. If you have received it in error, please notify your system manager and the sender as soon as possible and then delete it from your system.