History repeats itself. That makes all historical lessons pertinent to all people.
Social history is very well represented by sociological studies and critical thinking courses.
Culture is everywhere in modern life and attitudes to diversity are a constant feature of mass media writings.
History is an inspirational account of the formation of modern social values and its greatest men and women, whose accomplishments are still extraordinary by contemporary standards, are compelling. Endless televised episodes of various accounts of the Tudors are modern homilies on how captivating we find the cult of personality. Museology cannot change historicism any more than it can society's interest in power, glory, intrigue and mystery.

Sorry, I disagree with much that I have read on GEM this week.