Please note the Horniman Museum is recruiting for a Volunteer and Placements Assistant to assist the Volunteering Manager with the running of our learning volunteers programme - Engage alongside other aspects of volunteering.

Volunteer and Placements Assistant - Fixed Term until 31st March 2014
Salary £14,791 per annum, including Sunday working
Hours of Work:  25 hours per week - includes regular weekend working

Are you enthusiastic about supporting people to access unique and exciting volunteering opportunities? Do you have strong administrative and communication skills, as well as an ability to work with a diverse range of people sensitively and appropriately?
We're looking for a motivated, highly organised individual with excellent inter-personal skills to provide administrative support associated with the placement of volunteer opportunities across the Horniman Museum and Gardens.  You will also support our thriving Engage Volunteer Programme - where our volunteers help to engage visitors with the collections and activities throughout the Museum - and our Schools Placement scheme - where work experience students occupy short placements with many different departments across the Horniman.
Suitable candidates must be available to work every other weekend.

Security checking will be carried out for the chosen candidate.

Please visit http://www.horniman.ac.uk/about/jobs to download an application form and for details on how to apply.

The closing date for completed applications is Monday 18th February at 12 Noon.  Interviews will take place on Wednesday 27th February 2013.

The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.

Jayne Williams
Volunteering Manager
0208 291 8165

Exhibition Amazon Adventure, open from 16 February 2013. Join us for a family trip along the Amazon, the world's largest and most biologically diverse river. Tickets on sale now: http://www.horniman.ac.uk/amazon

Visit our website to see exhibitions, events, explore our collections and much more: http://www.horniman.ac.uk

The Horniman Public Museum & Public Park Trust. 100 London Road, London SE23 3PQ.
Registered as a charity in England and Wales. Charity registration number: 802725
Company registration number: 2456393

Disclaimer
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee only. It may contain personal views which are not the views of the Horniman Museum, unless specifically stated. If you  have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that the Horniman may monitor e-mails sent or received. It is the recipient’s responsibility to ensure that appropriate measures are in place to check for software viruses.