Dear GEM members,

New programme materials available from Heritage Lottery Fund

In July 2012 Heritage Lottery Fund launched its new strategic framework for 2013 - 2018, A lasting difference for heritage and people.  If you are not familiar with it, you can read the framework here:  HLF Strategic Framework

Whilst there is plenty of continuity in the strategy, there is some change including our move to an outcomes framework, the introduction of new programmes and changes to some of our familiar programmes which we feel will offer a range of opportunities for heritage organisations and community groups.  These include:

Our Young Roots programme, which provides young people between 11 and 25 years-old with active roles in planning and delivering heritage projects.  The programme, with an annual budget of £4million, awards grants between £10,000 and £50,000. Bringing together heritage and youth organisations to work together, Young Roots creates opportunities for young people to learn about and define heritage, develop new skills and to share their achievements with the wider community.

Our new programme Sharing Heritage which awards grants between £3,000 – £10,000 to all kinds of heritage projects.  Organisations from across the UK can apply quickly and easily for funding.

Catalyst heritage: building fundraising capacity (small grants from £3,000 to £10,000).  This new grants initiative is open to heritage organisations, or partnerships of heritage organisations across the UK, and is intended to build fundraising capacity and encourage more private giving to heritage.  There are two opportunities to apply: 19 April and 16 August 2013.

Our Heritage programme replaces ‘Your Heritage’ awarding grants between £10,000 - £100,000 to enable more people to benefit from a shorter application process and meet needs in their communities.

There are no major changes to the current two-round application process of Heritage Grants.  New guidance and application materials are available for all programmes on our website: http://www.hlf.org.uk/HowToApply/programmes/Pages/programmes.aspx

We have an Operating budget of £400m in 2013-14 (an all-time high for HLF). Our local Development teams look forward to receiving your project ideas.

Aretha George

Policy Advisor, Participation and Learning

Strategy and Business Development

Heritage Lottery Fund

7 Holbein Place

London SW1W 8NR

Phone: 020 7591 6088

Email: [log in to unmask]

Website: www.hlf.org.uk

intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

http://www.hlf.org.uk

http://www.star.net.uk