Dear GEMMERS

Do any of you use a metal grid in any of your displays or galleries as a wall hanging system?  It would look something like this: http://www.directgridwall.co.uk/index.aspx

We are looking for a solution for our temporary display area, so that we are not constantly having to repair the wall as we change exhibitions.   It would need to accommodate paintings, graphic panels, framed pictures, textiles, items of costume, appropriate artefacts – anything and everything, really!

If you use this kind of system, could you let me know how it is used and any of the pros and cons of this system?  Also suppliers, if you don’t mind.  And if you have a better suggestion, I’d love to hear it!

Many thanks.

Lisa

Lisa Geelhood

Education and Outreach

Dorking Museum

The Old Foundry

62 West Street

Dorking, Surrey  RH4 1BS

http://www.dorkingmuseum.org.uk/

Dorking Museum & Heritage Centre is an independent museum funded entirely by public donation and staffed by volunteers.