Hello

We're constantly developing new programmes and new audiences at the London Metropolitan Archives and are just about to deliver our new programme of Science in the Archives.

It kicks off with Women in Science on 8 March. A public event that includes:

-        Women in Science in the London Metropolitan Archives

-        Guest Speakers

o   Rebekah Higgitt, blogger of the Guardian's H-Word and curator at Royal Observatory Greenwich & National Maritime Museum

o   Heather Couper, Astronomer, broadcaster, writer and Professor of Astronomy at Gresham College, amongst many other things.

-        All for £10

Film Club - Science 20 March

-        A regular LMA feature but this time focusing on science

-        Films from our archive, including the ILEA collection (1960s and 70s films for schools)

Launch of new School Workshops aimed at Key Stage 2 and 3.

-        Bridges and Towers

-        Sweet London

-        Document Doctors

CPD  Primary Science and the Curriculum 21 March

-        Aimed at museum and heritage learning professionals

We're also running a summer college aimed at post 16 years, towards the end of the summer term.

If you are running a similar programme in science, it would be great to hear what you are up to.

And if you want to attend any of these open/public events, just let me know.

Many thanks,

Howard

Howard Benge
Development Officer
London Metropolitan Archives
Culture, Heritage and Libraries Department
City of London
Tel: 020 7332 3851

www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/lma<http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/lma>
Like us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Learning-at-London-Metropolitan-Archives/470848249604875>
Follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/#!/LdnMetArchives>
Join us on Flickr<http://www.flickr.com/photos/londonmetropolitanarchives/>

THIS E-MAIL AND ANY ATTACHED FILES ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY BE LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail. Opinions, advice or facts included in this message are given without any warranties or intention to enter into a contractual relationship with the City of London unless specifically indicated otherwise by agreement, letter or facsimile signed by a City of London authorised signatory. Any part of this e-mail which is purely personal in nature is not authorised by the City of London. All e-mail through the City of London's gateway is potentially the subject of monitoring. All liability for errors and viruses is excluded. Please note that in so far as the City of London falls within the scope of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004, it may need to disclose this e-mail. Website: http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk