Forwarded on behalf of Lorna Robinson

Please DO NOT reply to GEM!

*******************************

From: Lorna Robinson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

Hello there,

I was recommended to contact GEM by a local museum.

I run an educational charity called The Iris Project, which promotes access to Classical subjects in state schools and underprivileged communities within cities.

I am emailing because I am in the process of setting up a Classics learning space for children in East Oxford. The space consists of two large rooms and a large storage area which have been offered to The Iris Project to use by a comprehensive school in the city. The role of the centre is to provide a learning space for children of all ages in the city, especially focusing on running projects and sessions for children in deprived regions of the city who often don't have access to Classical subjects.

I'm contacting museums to see if there are any ex-collection or otherwise unused ancient Roman artefacts which it might be possible for me to house at the new Centre to help make it an exciting place for children, but not having too much luck yet. Would you be able to offer any help at all in how I might best go about this or where best to contact?

Any thoughts you have on this would be very welcome!

Many thanks for your time,

Yours sincerely,

Lorna Robinson.

--