Dear all

Thank you all for a typically engaging GEM response.

For those who replied directly to me, all the responses with suggestions
were made on list so there are no further ideas to add.

I will pass all thoughts and suggestions on to my colleague who will be
grateful I'm sure. I will certainly suggest to her that it would be a good
idea to enable families to feel and pick up some real coal but I'm not
concerned that playing with pretend coal will be too confusing. Partly
because playing with small wooden or plastic tea sets does not tend to lead
to confusion over the real thing when encountered and partly because I'm
hopeful that family adults might add some of that contextual knowledge when
their children are shovelling. The context will be key to getting it right
I'm sure.

Thank you all, again

Jo

Jo Graham

Learning Unlimited
22 North Poulner Road
Ringwood
Hants
BH24 1SP

t:      01425 479438
m:    07970 062077

Care is taken to minimize the risk of virus transfer but Learning Unlimited
cannot accept liability for any adverse consequences arising from this email
or any attachments to it. This email may contain confidential material - if
you receive it by mistake please return to sender and delete it from your
system. Thank you!