Art of Neuroscience competition 2013 - Call for submissions

The Art of Neuroscience competition is held every year on the occasion of the Brain Awareness week. European neuroscientists are invited to submit their most striking images and videos depicting their work. At the yearly Art of Neuroscience event, a seminar is held and prizes are awarded for the best submissions. This year’s event will be held on March 13th, 2013 from 15.00-18.00 at the Eye film institute in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

The Art of Neuroscience competition 2013 is now open to all European residents doing neuroscientific research. We are looking for beautiful imagery and videos depicting your work or a neuroscientific concept. Two Google tablets will be awarded. One in the category best image, and one in the category best video submissions. Participants need to register with their institution e-mails. Check the section “Get started!” for all rules and regulations on our website: http://aon.herseninstituut.knaw.nl. The deadline for submissions is March 1, 2013 5PM GMT.

Winners will be announced at the Art of Neuroscience event on March 13, 2013 in Amsterdam and need to arrange their own travel arrangements in order to attend the seminar and award ceremony.