It has been brought to my attention that the full contact details were missing from the last email.

Missing info:
* +46 70 8887371

Jesper

Dear All,

please find enclosed a forwarded ad for a programmer job in Stockholm. Let me also ensure everyone that contrary to popular belief there are no polar bears roaming the streets of Stockholm (though they get the very occasional brown one).

Jesper

An Experienced Programmer for the MR physics group at Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden

Deadline: 2013-March-01
Refnr K 13-81305

The Neuroradiology Clinic at Karolinska University Hospital in Solna is Sweden's only independent clinic for neuroradiology and have a population base of about 2 million inhabitants.

At the clinic today work more than 90 employees, of which about 20 radiologists and three MR physicists, the latter with a Master's degree or diploma in Medical Radiation Physics. Research and development activities are intimately connected with the everyday clinical and department has an ambitious program of continuous individual skills.

Duties:
The MR physics group - in close collaboration with industrial partner GE Healthcare - are developing new world-leading acquisition and reconstruction techniques in MRI.

The group works on several MR neuro applications, with projects including data-driven real-time tracking of patient head movement during the clinical scans. This is to be able to perform all MR examinations with good image quality even though the patient can not lie still and allow imaging of children without the use of anesthesia.

MR physics projects are very programming oriented and sound knowledge in C, Matlab, optimization, image processing, and good experience with Linux and networking are important. The work includes the development, porting, optimization and parallelisering of algorithms in Matlab and C/C++. These algorithms are part of the proprietary image reconstruction flows and key is to reduce the latency between image capture and image archiving for our clinical patients examined with our rörelseimmuna imaging methods.

All MR image reconstructions are streamed from the MR systems over dedicated networks to MR physics group's 128-core Linux server, so network, I/O, and parallelization techniques are key. The work is very dynamic with recurrent implementation of the patients examined in the department.

Type of employment:
General temporary funded full-time for three years.

Qualifications:
The position is advanced programmers.
Applicants may be engineering or equivalent with excellent programming skills in C/C++/Matlab. Knowledge of Linux, network programming, and MR physics is an advantage.

Personal qualities:
Interest in programming applications where your contribution makes a difference to the individual patient and the care flow in the department. You are outgoing and involved and appreciate working with common tasks with colleague. You are curious and like to continuously deepen your knowledge and skills through literature studies, research and development.

Information about the service provided by:
MR physicists, Professor Stefan Skare
Tel :070-888 73 71
email: Stefan Skare

Union representatives: