Hi Andries

The easiest and most ram efficient way of doing what you want to do is to use --omatrix1.

If I understand correctly, your seed is the whole cortex?  In this case, what you could do is seed from the whole cortical surface (white matter/grey matter interface), define the pial surface as a stopping mask, and add the --omatrix1 flag. This will produce a matrix of size #seeds X #seeds, that stores the number of samples between each pairs of seed vertices on the cortical surface.  You can then use this matrix to extract your ROI by ROI connections (e.g. in matlab).

Cheers
Saad

--
Saad Jbabdi