Hi

Thanks for comment!

I have some more questions to ask.

I registered DTI data to MNI space (by registration).

1) If I want to use label files for seed masks, Aren't they supposed to be in same space? (like MNI...)

No they can also be in "FreeSurfer space" - there are instructions on how to do that on the FSL wiki.

2) If they are, how can I do that?

Seed (1).

and one more thing,
3) Can I use just label files only for seed masks? or should I preprocess images with freesurfer (recon1, 2, 3)?

You need to run recon_all (not sure if 2 or 3) to get the label files, then you can use these label files in label2surf to create seed masks for probtrackx2.

Cheers
Saad

Thanks,

YM Huh

2013/2/5 Saad Jbabdi <[log in to unmask]>
Hi

On 5 Feb 2013, at 09:26, YM Huh wrote:

> Dear experts,
>
> I  ran DTI images Bedpostx and registering, and now trying whole-brain probabilistic tractography.
>
> What i'm gong to do is to 1)make seed masks with freesurfer label files, and 2)perform tractography with multiple mask mode and get seed*seed matrix.
>
> I found comments from other post saying that I must first transform label files into a surface file, using the label2surf command.
>
> 1)will this process make label files to be in MNI152 space?

No.

> 2)and which label should I use? (There are a few labels for freesurfer.)

It depends what seed masks you want to use. Each label file produced by freesurfer's recon_all is a cortical region.

> 3)And I wonder if there is better cortical parcellation scheme for whole brain tractography.

It would be nice if there was one.... Still an open research area!

Cheers
Saad

--
Saad Jbabdi