Dear Mark

One more following question, in previous email, you said your mask_1mm is locate in individual native space. is the script you used (flirt -in mask_1mm -ref /usr/local/fsl/data/standard/MNI152_T1_2mm_brain -applyisoxfm 2 -interp nearestneighbour -out mask_2mm_int) correctly for EPI image (which located in MNI space)?

Best

Paul

Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 11:57:12 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] changing voxel size in a mask
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi Wolf,

Yeah I think it's the interpolation process. I then tried 2 methods below, which yielded the same result:

flirt -in mask_1mm -ref /usr/local/fsl/data/standard/MNI152_T1_2mm_brain -applyisoxfm 2 -interp nearestneighbour -out mask_2mm_int

and

flirt -in mask_1mm -ref /usr/local/fsl/data/standard/MNI152_T1_2mm_brain -applyisoxfm 2 -noresampblur -out mask_2mm_nor

mask_1mm
1226669 / 1226669

mask_2mm_int
153206 / 1225648

mask_2mm_nor
153206 / 1225648

So now the voxel size in mask_2mm is 1/8 that in mask_1mm, and their volume is nearly the same!