Ahmed, these look great. Can I credit you and put these on the EBHC WIKI as
well? I will send  you an off list resource too

Best
Amy

From:  "Ahmed Abou-Setta, M.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:  Monday, February 11, 2013 5:14 AM
To:  <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  Systematic Review Guidance Resources

Hello,

I am putting together a list of the top guidance resources for systematic
reviews. Traditionally, the Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviewers has
been seen as the basis for high quality reviews. Even so, over the years
separate groups/ organizations have begun to create their own guidance
resources. While they are not usually at odds with each other, each resource
is somewhat unique. I have compiled the following ones and hope that others
will have more to contribute to the list. Since there could be many
resources I am unaware of, individuals might prefer to send additional
references to me off-list and I will circulate an updated list in a week or
so.

Thanks.

Ahmed

Cochrane Collaboration:
* Higgins JPT, Green S (editors). Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews
of Interventions Version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011]. The Cochrane
Collaboration, 2011. Available from www.cochrane-handbook.org.
* Methodological Expectations of Cochrane Intervention Reviews (MECIR). The
Cochrane Collaboration, 2011. Available from
http://www.editorial-unit.cochrane.org/mecir

Centre for Reviews and Dissemination (CRD):
* Centre for Reviews and Dissemination. CRDıs guidance for undertaking
reviews in health care. 2009. Available from:
http://www.york.ac.uk/inst/crd/pdf/Systematic_Reviews.pdf

Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ):
* Methods Guide for Effectiveness and Comparative Effectiveness Reviews.
AHRQ Publication No. 10(12)-EHC063-EF. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare
Research and Quality. April 2012. Chapters available at:
www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov.

Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses (PRISMA):
* Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses. 2009.
Available from: http://www.prisma-statement.org/index.htm

Institutes of Medicine:
* Institutes of Medicine. Finding What Works in Health Care: Standards for
Systematic Reviews. 2011. Available from:
http://www.iom.edu/Reports/2011/Finding-What-Works-in-Health-Care-Standards-
for-Systematic-Reviews/Standards.aspx