Hi Margaret,

Hope all is well. Personally, I never learned about the Bayesian framework
until I was an active researcher. No one really taught us the differences in
thinking between frequentist and Bayesian approaches to data analysis. It
was just data analysis (frequentist of course).

The one thing that pushed the Bayesian mindset into the spot with systematic
reviewers (like myself) is the use in network meta-analyses. Multiple
treatment comparisons using a Bayesian framework began to spring up
everywhere and are now a hot ticket item for publishing in high-ranked
journals (e.g. BMJ). To be honest, I have a feeling the researchers in
Britain (and Europe to a lesser extent) are more familiar or comfortable
with using Bayesian logic than in North America. This trend is changing, but
there is still a lot of resistance to possibility that the prior
distribution can affect the summary effect estimate.

I believe that as more and more researchers get comfortable with Bayesian
methods, the more it will naturally seep into the mindsets of clinicians
through research publications.

My five cents.

Ahmed