The demise of the Independent Living Fund is another example of how public policy on independent living is rapidly going backwards in the Britain.  I've done a blogpost about the likely consequences.
http://jennymorrisnet.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/what-will-closure-of-independent-living.html

 A Judicial Review has been granted of the government’s consultation on the closure and is due to be heard on March 13th.  Disabled People Against the Cuts are organising a vigil outside the court in London.  There's a link to their website n my blogpost for anyone who would like to know more.  I've also given a link to some really good videos which have been made of some disabled people talking about what a difference ILF funding has made to their lives and their fears for the future.