Thank you for getting the ball rolling, Diane!

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 03:46:28PM -0500, Diane Hillmann wrote:
> 1. Vocabulary sustainability, including criteria for determining
> sustainability, what kind of measures could be taken to increase the
> likelihood that vocabularies will survive, what can be done about ?orphan?
> vocabularies, and whether a role can be taken on by DCMI.

Bernard Vatant and I would like to hold session on vocabulary sustainability
and preservation.  As we currently picture it, we would prepare the groundwork
for the session by discussing a position paper defining the requirements for
vocabulary sustainability and proposing next steps.  We are especially keen to
reach out to the members of the iPres community, which is holding its
conference in parallel.

We want to kick off discussion of a position paper on the list in the coming
weeks.  In the meantime, please get in touch with Bernard or me with ideas
or expressions of interest.

Tom

--
Tom Baker <[log in to unmask]>