This is a straight SAR for CCTV data, S29 does not apply as there are no proceedings, banning the child from the store is a domestic matter and not attached to proceedings that would engage non-disclosure provisions.

This is way I have always dealt with parent on behalf of child SARs:

1.    Was the request received in writing?

2.    Is the information requested held?

3.    Is the requester the data subject?

4.    How old is the child?

5.    If over 12 (Fraser guidelines/ Gillick competency)

6.    If over 12 and competent, child to be treated as an adult and parent does not overrule child’s rights as ‘the’ data subject

7.    If under 12, who presents to the data controller as the most appropriate person responsible for the child

8.    Once responsible person is identified, deal with that person on behalf of the data subject, recording the ID shown and a copy of information disclosed

In this case, I would need to see evidence of Mr A’s link to the data subject so that he can exercise the data subjects rights on their behalf. Fostering documentation should be adequate along with something with the current address of Mr A and something with his photo such as driving licence or passport.

I wouldn’t go any further than that as I would now have enough to show that I have received the SAR correctly and supplied the information to the correct person to the best of my ability and have records to show that

Regards
Neil