Thank you Manfred,

To be honest I have tried to understand the Pearson linear CC since
reading the nature crystallography methods paper by Karplus and
diederichs, but I am having trouble. I do not clearly understand what it
represents. Do you know any good resources that could help me out?

-Yarrow

> If you have two sets of numbers which correspond ideally,
> you should calculate a correlation coefficient, to be precise
> a Pearson linear CC. This is independent of scaling.
>
> If you want to compare mutant vs native, you probably
> have to calculate residue average B-factors, because
> you won't have the exact same number of atoms.
>
> Best, Manfred
>
> On 25.02.2013 21:08, Yarrow Madrona wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Does anyone know a good method to compare B-factors between structures?
>> would like to compare mutants to a wild-type structure.
>>
>> For example, structure2 has a higher B-factor for residue X but how can
>> show that this is significant if the average B-factor is also higher?
>> Thank you for your help.
>>

> --
> Dr. Manfred. S. Weiss
> Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie
> Macromolecular Crystallography (HZB-MX)
> Albert-Einstein-Str. 15
> D-12489 Berlin
> GERMANY
> Fon:   +49-30-806213149
> Fax:   +49-30-806214975
> Web:   http://www.helmholtz-berlin.de/bessy-mx
> Email: [log in to unmask]
>

> ________________________________
>
> Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH
>
> Mitglied der Hermann von Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft Deutscher
> Forschungszentren e.V.
>
> Aufsichtsrat: Vorsitzender Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Joachim Treusch, stv.
> Vorsitzende Dr. Beatrix Vierkorn-Rudolph
> Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Anke Rita Kaysser-Pyzalla, Thomas Frederking
>
> Sitz Berlin, AG Charlottenburg, 89 HRB 5583
>
> Postadresse:
> Hahn-Meitner-Platz 1
> D-14109 Berlin
>
> http://www.helmholtz-berlin.de

--
Yarrow Madrona

Graduate Student
Molecular Biology and Biochemistry Dept.
University of California, Irvine
Natural Sciences I, Rm 2403
Irvine, CA 92697