A postdoctoral position is available immediately in Luke Rice’s lab at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, TX. The Rice lab is broadly interested in questions relating to the molecular mechanisms of microtubule polymerization dynamics and the mode of action of regulatory factors. Our studies (e.g. Biochemistry 50:8636-44, 2011; Science 337:857-60, 2012) take advantage of our ability to prepare recombinant alpha/beta-tubulin and draw on experimental techniques including but not limited to X-ray crystallography and solution biochemistry/biophysics, computational modeling, time-lapse microscopy, and yeast genetics. The laboratory is part of the supportive and intellectually vibrant Department of Biophysics.

Self-motivated and recently minted PhD's from a wide variety of backgrounds will be considered, and a number of different projects are available. To apply please email a CV, contact information for 3 references, and a brief statement explaining your interest to [log in to unmask]. Please put ‘Application for Postdoc’ in the subject field.

Regards,

Luke

-----------------
Luke M. Rice
Assistant Professor and
Thomas O. Hicks Scholar in Medical Research
Departments of Biophysics and Biochemistry, ND10.300
UT Southwestern Medical Center
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75390-8816
phone: (214) 645-5931