On Feb 10, 2013, at 8:23 AM, LISA <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>  My mac has the old version of phenix. How can i update to the new verison? Should I delete the old version and download the new version to install as the fist time ? Thanks
>
> lisa

You can delete it and download a new version, or simply keep both. phenix has version labels on their binaries, for the enjoyment of those who use shell auto-completion. e.g.:

	fennario-% phenix.refine
	---- external command
	phenix.refine             phenix.refine_1.8.1-1168

BTW, there is also a phenix bb.

Asking about this here is kind of like asking my wife what I should get my (purely hypothetical) mistress for valentine's day.