You should be able to download PDB files without any problems.

Best regards,
Gary.

On 07/02/2013 11:06, Sameer Velankar wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [ccp4bb] COOT v. 0.7
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 13:37:31 +0100
From: "F.Xavier Gomis-Rüth" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear CCP4ers,

We managed to install COOT version 0.7 on a MacBookPro Retina with Mountain Lion
and there seems to be an issue that did not appear with the Linux version when
trying to retrieve coordinates directly from the PDB by givin the code:

(get-ebi-pdb "4aw6")
DEBUG:: in get-url-str: "4aw6"
"http://www.ebi.ac.uk/msd-srv/oca/oca-bin/save-pdb?id=4AW6" pdb
(handle-read-draw-molecule-with-recentre "coot-download/4aw6.pdb" 1)
Reading coordinate file: coot-download/4aw6.pdb
There was an error reading coot-download/4aw6.pdb.
ERROR 20 READ: Attempt to read unknown-type file.
No Spacegroup found for this PDB file
Cell: 1 1 1 90 90 90
There was a coordinates read error

Any hints on how to circumvent this?