I should have said “Francesco Levato” instead of “Francis”. My apologies to him.

----------------Original Message----------------------------------
From: Jeffrey Side <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 17:16:42 +0000

I just got an email from poet Francis Levato saying that he and Larry Sawyer have been teaching from Argotist Ebooks’ catalogue at The Chicago School of Poetics. This is great news, and shows great faith in the ebook format as a serious medium for the reception of poetry. This is what he says in his email:

“It's been a while since I last emailed, and I believe it was about teaching from Argotist ebooks at the Chicago School of Poetics. Both I and my co-director Larry Sawyer have taught from your catalogue, and, of course, really appreciate the work you put out. I'm writing now to ask if you might consider helping us get the word out about a scholarship campaign we are nearing the end of for the School. We're trying to raise funds to offer full scholarships to poetry students in financial need. Do you have an email list you regularly send to where you might mention the campaign? If this is something you wouldn't be comfortable doing I completely understand. More information about the campaign is below”

I have agreed to spread the word about the scholarship campaign and urge you all to do so as well. I will also be donating $10 for the campaign.

Here are the full details of the campaign:

Chicago School of Poetics Scholarships

With your generous support, the Chicago School of Poetics will be offering full scholarships for Master Classes (with poets like Eileen Myles and Charles Bernstein) and regular 8-week courses for the 2013 school year.

Just $10 can help students in need attend classes.

Please donate today at:
http://www.indiegogo.com/CSoPScholar
The campaign ends February 22nd.

"This is what a school truly should be—think of Black Mountain College—beyond all the boundaries & borders. "—Ron Silliman

The Chicago School of Poetics (CSoP) is an online and on-location school that offers compelling poetry classes without the MFA time commitment, pressure, or price tag.

With an emphasis on craft, instructors at the School focus on the merits of student writing on its own terms. It’s not the typical creative writing workshop! Courses offered at the School allow students to refine their work in a collaborative—not competitive—environment. We don’t teach creativity. Courses allow students to understand the writing process from the inside by observing firsthand how the instructors work in order to gain the critical distance necessary to write more resonant poetry. The School also offers genuine community. On-location courses offer valuable face-to-face contact and online courses offer valuable access to the vibrant community of Chicago poetry for anyone worldwide.

www.chicagoschoolofpoetics.com